Monday, July 12, 2010

We'll call this one: Multicultural.

In celebration of cultural diversity, our ulpan class hosted a dinner which included all foods which represented the various countries that we....well that we represent.
Anna did a wonderful job setting up her apartment for around ten guests. Really, it looked amazing, and she was so excited for the company, as you can see.

Here is Francesca from Italy making Pasta with a sauce that was literally to die for. I could havent eatten it forever. Also served was Beet Salad from Anna (Russian-American), Israeli Salad with Feta from Sarah (Jewish-American), Veggie Sushi from Un-ay (Korea), Potato Berakas from Kinaret (Israeli-American). For dessert, Laur from Paris made Milk Rice with Stewed plums, which was rice pudding with hot plums melting inside of it... by the time I got to this dish I could no longer fit anyfood, but I managed to add this to my stomach because it really was the best rice pudding I have ever tasted (sorry mom! but you need to make it with plums!) Then of course we finished of with Turkish coffee and wonderful converstation about what we love about our home culture (topic chosen by our host, Anna). It was a wonderful time of fellowship and so enjoyable. I am so happy that I got to go.
Love you,
Claire in Israel.



1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great time. Next time you are home you will have to cook something new for us. I would like that. Your friend Anna set a beautiful table. You will have to explain the plum rice pudding to me, I would love to try it.
    forever~Imma

    ReplyDelete