Thursday, July 15, 2010

We'll call this one: I make myself laugh.

On Making a lot of food at once to save money:
Yes, it is true, I make "lunch" for the week. Last week it was chili, this week, a much cheaper option... Lentils, Rice, Chicken, and Onions (I got this out of Anna's Israeli Cookbook!) I didn't take a picture of me making this, because I was tired, but after I started to pack everything up I just cracked up! I mean here we have 7 containers of rice, a small cup to try, and you arn't seeing the dinner I sent over to my friend John or the small container that I decided to divy-up between the lunches. That's a lot o' lentils! I think the whole meal cost around 12 dollars, for 7 days of food... $1.70 a meal? Now thats who we do it! Gosh I am going to be so sick of lentils, but I am trying to think of what Dad would say to my Mom, "Well that was a good amount of fiber, doesn't Kathy?"

In other news, I was doing a lot of crying yesturday. I am learning to budget (life is expensive) and also learning everything else about this country which is different in every way. It's exhausting to always be accepting new things. Pray for me.

I am so happy it is the weekend. I plan on sleeping and finishing my Class book, that way I can start on the next book next week.

Blessings,
Claire in Israel.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Claire! I was a way for over a week (Bethany Beach, Del.) so this is the first chance I've had to take a look at the blog. All this food talk is making me hungry - and it's only 8 a.m. here! I loved the pix of the marketplace and the sepulcher and the stories about the ladder and the bottom step! God bless you, my dear friend!
    Love, Ginger

    ReplyDelete