Saturday, June 19, 2010

We'll call this one: Packing

Welcome to my Blog!

Well Friends, It's about time. All those days of putting off packing my life into two, fifty pound bags are over. (Yes, everything is fitting alright!) I've spent all day trying to figure out what is really important to me. You will be sorry to know that my collection of Hebrew Grammars did not make the cut. Neither did my hot rollers. Or Hebrew Scrabble.

If you are reading this blog, it is because you are you interested in my new endeavor, obtaining a Masters degree from the Rothberg International School at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Can you believe that you can get a degree in Ancient Semitic Languages?!? Me Neither. I am so excited that God has opened up this door for me and I am equally excited about this new adventure. That being said I keep breaking into tear at random times. I am looking forward to leaving tomorrow, but I am really nervous! This is uncharted territory in a way, and a year is a long time to be away from the people you love!

So tomorrow (I still have some packing to do) we will get up early and be out of the house by eight. I am flying out of Newark on El Al, the Israeli airline. We won't be leaving until around two, but it takes along time to get through security. I anticipate the flight being around ten hours and fifteen min., which means a ton of time being close to strangers and watching the same movies over and over. But it will all be worth it in the end.

I need to get some sleep now, so I will be in touch with you when I get to Israel. I will also be able to give you a little more information about my program and what I will be doing during my time away!

I hope I've crossed all my t's and dotted all of my i's.

Blessings,
Claire

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! You are going to do awesome because God is with you my friend :)
    I will pray that you have safe travels. And I look forward to reading about all the adventures you will find in Israel.
    שלום
    -Jennilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Langhorne Claire! I hope you're loving Israel (o:

    ReplyDelete