Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We'll call this one: Baby Steps

I am getting better with my Hebrew every day. I am even starting to think in some Hebrew phrases. However, that doesn't stop this experience from being terribly frustrating process. I am in class by 8:30, but I leave at 8 to make it on time. And then when I get home I study for a few hours, and then do it all again the next day. I know what you are thinking..."Claire, have some fun!" but right now the most fun I have had is picking out curtians and buying a falafel. Now worries though, I promise that I will evantually go out and see... something. I just cannot forget that I am here for a reason. I am hoping that on Thursday I will be able to go into the Old City with some friends. I am also really looking forward to going to Church again. Speaking of the falafel I bought last night with Anna, it was excellent, and only 10 shecks ($2.50)! Anna thinks we should go again this week, but I think it wouldn't be so good for my waist line. But in reality it was the best thing I've had since I've been here. We are sans pots and pans right now so I am living on cottege cheese and anything you can make with boiled water (i.e. soup). One thing to mention, the falafel had FRENCH FRIES IN IT! Not really authentic, but I could care less lol. The lunch here is not so expensive either. Today I got a huge egg sandwhich and a capachino for only $5. mmmm.... (I forgot my lunch at my apt.)

Yesturday was our first quiz. I think it went really well because I was basically finished before everyone even after I checked it over. I guess when you study you don't really need to worry about taking tests. (HA!)

Oh, today I bought a ticket to see a play in Hebrew. We were invited at a special student price of 40 sheckles (Like 10$) and I thought it would be a great oppertunity to listen to people speak. The play is funny versions of stories from the Torah, so I am certainly looking forward to it. Hopefully all of my classmates will attend and it will be like a feild trip (don't you miss those?).

Continue to keep me in your prayers about my time here. I will try to have pictures of my room posted tomorrow. I just ran out of time to do it all today.

I love and miss you all very much, love,
Claire in Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment